Tribeca Technology Group is an IT support services business with sites in the UK, Dublin, New York and Hong Kong. They specialise in helping companies in the alternative investment and private equity sectors access advice and support with their IT.
What is less well known about them, however, is that they have also supported the education of thousands of people living in 3rd world countries. In fact, they have also provided more than 30,000 days of life-saving clean water to desperate families and made many other significant donations!
How has this happened?
B1G1 is a social enterprise and non-profit organisation that was established in 2007 with the mission to create a world full of giving.
It provides a platform for charitably minded companies (such as Tribeca) to provide a platform to deliver corporate social responsibility fulfillment on a global stage.
It’s a simple concept, but one with huge, and deeply meaningful impacts for recipients of this charitable contribution from ethically minded firms.
It works on the basis that every business transaction has the potential to positively impact the lives of people living in some of the poorest parts of our planet. As a member of B1G1, Tribeca is able to choose from over 800 carefully screened projects to support. The projects endorsed by B1G1 are all aligned to the 17 sustainable development goals set by the United Nations General Assembly.
What impact has Tribeca’s involvement made so far?
- Cambodia: 14,460 days of access to reading materials
- Kenya: 18,615 learning tools for disadvantaged children
- India: 63,960 days of access to e-learning for children
- Afghanistan: 42 days of human rights education to social works
- Malawi: 960 days of business training to women in need in Africa
- Thailand: 2,780 days of computer education for children in need
- Ethiopia: 36,865 days of access to life-saving clean water for families
- Borneo: 228 trees to nurture the environment and help orangutans and hornbills
- Moldova: 80 days of access to school uniforms
- Tanzania: 20 hygiene education programmes for disadvantaged schoolgirls
B1G1 is an absolutely fantastic initiative and the figures above show how much of an impact just one company can make by participating.!
This blog is aimed at raising the importance of this programme, and hopes to encourage more firms to participate in making the world a better place for those who start out less privileged.
Tribeca intends to support B1G1 ongoing and is immensely proud of the difference it enables them to make in the world.
For more information about B1G1, visit their webpage at https://www.b1g1.com/